Generally, your computer needs a valid IP address to establish communication with the router and work on the web. So, if the router or network interface card experiences some issues, then it will cause this error. There can be many reasons for the ethernet doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error. For example, if the router has some issues, then this error may appear. Also, it can cause if there is an incorrect IP address or NIC. This article has some fixes to help you solve this error on your PC.
- Deactivate Fast Startup Feature:
Fast startup is a feature in computers that loads settings from cache or memory to decrease the start-up time. This issue can be solved by deactivating the fast startup feature. Many people have noticed positive results by doing this.
- Go to the Control panel by searching it in the windows search.
- Then go to power options on that menu.
- Now, go to the left side menu and click on Choose what the power button does.
- Then go to Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Find Turn on fast startup and uncheck the box beside it.
- Then save the settings and close the window. Now restart your computer.
Now, the error should have fixed. Otherwise, check other fixes.
- Restart the Router:
this error can cause if there is any fault in our router. So, by restarting your router, this issue may get solved. Switch off the router, and after five minutes, switch it on. This will solve the invalid IP configuration error. If the issue is not solved, then check it by changing the ethernet cable. You can replace the router if it doesn’t work. Finally, you can restart or replace the network card to solve this issue.
- Reinstall Your Network Adapter:
If the above steps didn’t work, then you can reinstall your network adapter to solve the issue.
- Open the Run dialog box and enter hdwwiz.cpl in it.
- Then press the OK button.
- Now, go to Network Adapters and expand that section.
- Right-click on your ethernet card and select the Uninstall Device option. Then confirm the uninstall process.
- After completing the uninstall process, install it again.
It will solve the IP configuration error. If it doesn’t do that, then you can reinstall NIC to solve the problem.
- Reconfigure Your Network Settings:
This is another method to resolve this problem. Usually, many people have faced an issue with their network settings while connecting to the existing network. So, you can reset the socket DNS server to solve this problem.
- Open Command Prompt.
- Then execute the following commands one by one.
netsh int ip reset:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset.
- Once this is executed, restart your PC.
- Then go to the control panel and then Network and sharing center.
- There select Change adapter settings and disable ethernet hardware.
- After completing these steps, restart your PC.
Hopefully, the problem is solved now.
Although the invalid IP configuration error is caused due to many reasons, we hope the above methods will help you to resolve that.