This error occurs when you open iTunes or reinstall it. This error says that iTunes was not installed correctly, so you need to reinstall iTunes to solve this issue. Here are the possible fixes for the windows error 126.
- Open Control Panel by searching it in the windows search box.
- In Control Panel, go to Programs and Features and then select the Uninstall A Program option.
- Now, you need to uninstall all the Apple products installed on your PC. To do that, search Apple in the search box and find all the Apple products on your PC. Make sure that you have uninstalled all the Apple programs on your system before going to the next step.
- After uninstalling the programs, you can go to the file explorer and delete all folders of the Apple products.
- Once all these things are completed, you can reinstall iTunes and start using it.
Hope these steps will help you solve Windows error 126.