Usually, this error occurs on HP PCs after updating the Windows Operating system to the latest version. Many people have got this error after updating their operating system to Windows 7 or Windows 10. This error says that there is an unknown device, and the driver for this device is not found. Therefore, you need to download the driver for your USB\VID_138A&PID_003C&REV_0086 device to solve this issue.
Well, if you are facing this error, then here is the possible solution for it.
- Go to Device Manager by searching it in the windows search box.
- On that window, click on the unknown device for which you need the driver.
- Then right-click on the unknown device and choose the Update driver option.
- Now, select Browse my computer for driver software option. You can see the available drivers for that device in the driver folder of that device.
- Then select the driver and install it. After that, restart the device if needed.
- Now, the problem will be solved.
If this doesn’t work for you, then you can use the W7 fingerprint sensor driver to resolve this error. You can find this driver on the technical support page of your PC.
After installing this driver, the USB\VID_138A&PID_003C&REV_0086 driver not found error will be solved.