Highly digital systems have steadily enhanced how people execute a number of their duties. As more knowledge and skills are being applied in the engineering field, it is right to assume that more sophisticated systems will be invented in the years to come. Most applied systems have contributed to high efficiency and accuracy in the various fields that they are introduced. There is no doubt that Applied Systems Engineering has positively impacted the world in multiple ways.
Types of engineered systems
Depending on the function that an engineered system is expected to play, engineered systems can be categorized into four specific groups. They include:
- A system of systems-This is a collection of systems that function to achieve a certain common objective. Under a system of systems, different functions are integrated to develop one powerful system that can oversee the roles of specific systems within it. One perfect example of such a system is an air control system.
- The system-A service system is designed to marry organizational networks and technology to allow easy access to services. For example, service systems are popular in banks and medical clinics.
- Enterprise systems-These are information systems that allow for the integration of information across different operating sections.
- A product system-A product-service system typically brings together services, products, infrastructure, and supporting networks to achieve speed and efficiency.
What are the advantages of control systems?
Control systems have been useful in many ways; much of the progress witnessed in most digital operations have been as a result of control systems. Below are some benefits associated with control systems:
- Control systems can be useful in producing the power amplification needed. Through power gain robots, this function can easily be executed.
- Control systems allow for the remote control to access dangerous locations that are a threat to human life.
- It is easier to move large equipment using control systems than applying manual means.
It is becoming clear that organizations that will apply engineered systems in their operations properly will benefit immensely in terms of efficiency and accuracy. Though the initial cost of building such systems is high, more is gained in the long run.