If you are about to finish your last year of school, this is certainly an exciting time to be looking at careers, as we move into a new dimension of digital tech, with the rollout of 5G and the Internet of Things (IoT). Wherever your interest lies is where you should be looking when it comes to career choices and with that in mind, here are a few booming sectors that you might want to consider.
- Blockchain Developer – Blockchain technology uses a decentralised, open-ledger type network that is very secure. Bitcoin uses blockchain technology and governments and corporations are in the process of transferring citizen data onto a blockchain; things like a person’s education and professional qualifications, intellectual property rights and registration of land ownership, will all eventually be on a blockchain. If you are seriously into computer science, this could be the career for you and a background in coding is beneficial.
- White Glove Logistics Technician – The white glove technician is responsible for the transportation and installation of technical equipment and talking to a leading UK company such as Rhenus High Tech might well lead to a challenging career. Some of the sectors that utilise white glove services include banking & finance, manufacturing, digital signage, IT equipment and final mile delivery services that involve the manoeuvring and installation of technical equipment. They also build and relocate data centres and are manufacturer-approved to work with complex equipment. This sector has a rosy future, as we come to depend on hi-tech equipment more and more and you would spend a portion of your time attending workshops at factories, learning all about the equipment and becoming certified.
- Machine Learning – Artificial intelligence (AI) will play a vital role as we move into a new dimension of digital technology and this means a huge demand for AI technicians. If you like IT in general and have an enquiring mind, working with machine learning would certainly provide challenges and rewards. Tech giants like Google and Amazon already make good use of AI and if you were to get into this field now, there is unlimited potential, plus you will play a role in transforming civilisation, which is very rewarding. Click here for information about getting into cyber-security as a career.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) – This is a specialised field of digital marketing that involves improving the target website’s rankings with Google searches and the SEO technician has extensive knowledge of the algorithms Google uses. Businesses have a need for SEO services and a good technician would command a high salary and be very much sought-after within the digital marketing world.
- Robotics – We are in the process of replacing human workers with robots and this creates a need for technicians who can install and manage a robotics system and if you like building things with your hands, this might be the perfect career for you.
It is very important to choose a career path that interests you and with some preparation and a lot of study, you will choose the right career that will provide you with everything you want in your life.