Beating banner blindness with Infolinks – What’s the secret?

Infolinks-logo

We all are aware of the subject that .1% clickthrough rates that have raised alarms through the entire industry over the last few years. According to DG MediaMind, the average banner ad response rate is at an appalling 0.1% and hence if you look at the other side, 99.9% of the banner ads generate probably no measurable engagement. So, wouldn’t you agree to the fact that the entire industry is putting forward an awful work due to which there is a 99.9% failure rate?

The professionals at Infolinks are always striving hard to improve and enhance digital advertising and studying on consumer banner blindness. In collaboration with market research company EyeTrackShop, there was an extensive study which had the goal of examining problems of ad location, responsiveness and brand recalling and to offer a particular direction for how the digital media industry can handle and manage the problem of banner blindness.

A study on banner blindness – Insights and conclusions

Location matters: It has been found out that 158% more people usually see the top content area of the page as in contrast with the bottom content area of the page. This clearly indicates that the area above the fold is considerably more visible than the areas that are below. Organic content will definitely be more visible than ads and ads placed in the perfect locations can be more visible than marginal content areas and other ad placements.

Adopt the native way: According to the eye tracking examination, it was showed that negatively integrated Infolinks ad units were seen 48% quicker than the banner ads on the same pages and that the area on the page that contained such units was seen by 452% more people than banner ads. Moreover, the study also revealed that the time spent in those content areas was 4000% more than the time that as spent in the area that contained the banner ad, thereby resulting in higher brand recall.

Be relevant and visible: With the unique placement of Infolinks InSearch ad units, they managed to combat banner blindness by being both inconspicuous and attention-grabbing, as per 75% of the study respondents who said that the InSearch ads were sooner to notice within the format. The unconventionality of the placement in the margins also played a role in attracting attention. And since the units in the margins were targeted to the content of the page in question, the time spent on these units was 25% greater.

Possible solutions to banner blindness

According to eye tracking, it has been seen that consumers tend to see more at the top of the page and skim past the skyscraper ad units as they’re experienced enough to know that these parts contain ads. So, placement “above the fold” offers the best visibility. Consumers are more likely to engage with an advertisement when it offers a useful service or helps them in any particular way. 67% of respondents said that InSearch ad employing real-time targeting helped in supporting the search efforts.

Hence, when it comes to website monetization and banner blindness, Infolinks is perhaps the best alternative for you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *